Wednesday, August 09, 2006

if i had brown skin, would you still ask after my beliefs?

today someone at work asked me good naturedly (i still cant figure out how he did this), well he didnt ask me, he just relayed the information with a smile:

"hey, somebody told me you worship the devil!"

first reaction, internally:

really? who was it, so i can sacrifice a newborn and make a blood oath to my dark red god on the eve of the full moon so that he might destroy their life and make them suffer an eternity of misfortune and pain?

what i actually said:

no, i worship cardboard boxes. that's why i work here, in a stockroom. so that i might be with my idols.

either way, what is it that makes people think they can just willy nilly ask after a relative stranger's religion or sexual orientation? why is it that they only ask white people who wear black or are effeminate in some way? the obvious answer is complete ignorance and a lack of class. the reason behind the obvious is that its easy to ridicule someone who is white and possibly of some sort of religious or sexual minority. would you ask a southeast asian if they are hindu or buddhist or muslim? would you ask any black person if they practice voodoo? no, because to offend these people is taboo, and self censorship is rampant in these instances. but the girly white kid who wears those "funny britches" is fair game. people in general are pretty stupid.

i'm sick of eating the typical american diet. i cant wait til i live on my own so i can implement a healthier regimen. i hate all this starchy meaty greasy heavy food that my family eats, and i hate all of the fast food that is available. soon i will implement my changes and i wont have to put up with indigestion and horrible shits all the time.

there are a lot of people here at work who are getting on my fucking nerves. its never happened before. i'm just now noticing that they bother me. i'm glad i'm quitting. but it's sad to have to hear all of the people that i like here say "oh, i'm so sorry you're leaving. we'll miss you, and good luck!" those people arent so bad. working at arby's is going to suck, but at least i wont have to wait a long time to transfer between jobs.

i'm sick of not having my own bed and my own space. only 11 more days. well, thats until i leave. after that it will probably be a few days before i get my own place, and a few weeks after that until it is comfortably furnished in a minimalist, nomadic style. well, for all the trouble, i cant wait to get started.

sz.sw.out

No comments: